Monday 27 October 2014

Drawing 1, Part 2 Observations in Nature, Still Life, Check and Log

What aspects of each drawing have been successful, and what did you have problems with?
Still Life Group Using Line
I drew this drawing from scratch without sketching in pencil first in this aspect I think I did really well. However I found it very difficult not to start hatching to depict tone and so I probably went overboard on the pumpkin but I feel that it was better to but too much effort in than two little.
I was also dissatisfied with the pumpkin because the actual surface wasn’t as rough or bumpy as what I made it out to be in my drawing. In both drawings.
Still Life Group in Tone
The only problem I had with this is I should have chose a composition that used up more of the paper. I also could have been more adventurous with the subjects that I chose. Apart from that I think I did really well with depicting tone and none of the objects look out of place.
Did you manage to get a sense of depth in your Drawings? What elements of the drawings and still life groupings helped create that sense?
This is one thing I did not have a problem with with the Still Life Group Using Line exercise I did this by placing the tallest objects at the back. With the Still Life Group in Tone I looked down at the group from an angle.
What difficulties were created by being restricted to line or tone? 
Like I said earlier sometimes it was very difficult not to cross the fine-line between drawing with line and hatching.
See more on my Still Life exercises on my Drawing 1 Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment